Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lamborghini Sesto Elemento: Angry Called, It Wants Its Car Back | Autopia | Wired.com

From: Lamborghini Sesto Elemento: Angry Called, It Wants Its Car Back | Autopia | Wired.com

 Lamborghini-Sesto-Elemento-3

Text Size:

From this picture it is obvious that “Sesto Elemento” is Italian for “Baboon with exploded red anus.” Here’s a visual aide, courtesy of Wikipedia:

800px-Baboon_buttocks

The similarities are striking.

I am having mixed feelings about this because I am one of those types that never outgrew his teenage obsession with Italian supercars. The problem is that I am right at that age when my back hurts just looking at those tiny cars (and for the record, I drove Mazda Miata roadsters for 5 years in a row and I never complained about back pain) but I am still a bit too young for the age where men run to a sports cars dealership the second they feel the middle-age crisis kick in. It’s like I can’t see myself driving one of these (especially here in DC where driving simply sucks) but I can’t stop from daydreaming about what it would feel like to let one of these rip open in my old neighborhood Autobahn (A6) from my years living in Germany.

Then I take a look at this angle of the car:

Lamborghini-Sesto-Elemento-2

It looks too brutal. The Miura was a brutal car by any definition, but it was gracious. It is a car that looks fast even when parked, but this thing looks just annoying. And that thing in the back looks like a baboon’s ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment