Sunday, August 29, 2010

Overview of the Khan Academy Library

I am at a loss for words:
 
I majored in Mechanical Engineering, which means I took as much advanced math as it was humanly possible without switching my major to Math Nerd. It was a lot of math, and about 99% of it was pretty damn painful, it all hinged on who was teaching the class and having the wrong professor meant a high C at the best (I was VERY lucky, I got some incredible professors too, but there were also a few that were, well, not good).
Now ANYONE can have access to all of this knowledge for free, they are posted on Youtube! These are so good that Bill Gates gave them a shout out, both him and his 11-year old son have been using these for homework.

The Khan Academy is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) and they have produced over 1600 high quality educational videos on Math, Science, Economics and other stuff. Anyone can watch these videos, and they are structured so they can be used as part of a proper curriculum, not just for informal learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment