BANGOR DAILY NEWS PHOTO BY JOHN CLARKE RUSS
- Miscreant(s) walk into a store and buy bottled water. In this specific instance, $86.79.
- The $86.79 were paid with food stamps.
- Miscreant(s) haul the water to the back of the store, and empty the bottles.
- Miscreant(s) haul the now empty bottles back into the store, feed them into a recycling machine, and get $24.
- Before: $86.79 in money that is restricted, it can only be used for foodstuffs and that kind of thing.
- After: $24 in cold hard cash that can be used to buy cigarettes, booze, cocaine, or stuck on a stripper's g-string.
The sad part is that not everyone that needs food stamps is getting that money. That's $62.79 poured down the drain for no reason whatsoever.