Wednesday, August 18, 2010

BBC News - World News America - The man who makes sure dead marines get home

BBC News - World News America - The man who makes sure dead marines get home
I wonder if the Army has picked up on this...
Back during my Army days tattoos were mostly a means for some poor private to quickly get rid off whatever money wasn't spent on alcohol. I say poor because back then a buck private was pretty much under the poverty level, and all they could think of was their family back home, where to get some underage drinking action and what kind of tattoo to get next (in no particular order).
That's probably why I never felt the urge to get a tattoo, plus it was a different Army (I served between two major wars). I imagine myself in active duty right now and I would definitely ask to have one of these "meat tags" even if it means the Marines will probably kick my ass if they catch me at their favorite tattoo parlor.

No comments:

Post a Comment