The funniest part about this comic is that I was the one that basically spent Sunday avoiding The Game. Alex Esoterica thought that was hilarious, so instead of sending me game updates every 30 seconds he sent me a running commentary of everything NOT involving The Game itself.
My geek forcefield consisted of:
- Top Gear UK (incredible as usual)
- The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (loved it)
- The Girl That Played With Fire
- Troubleshooting why Netflix kept choking while streaming The Girl That Played With Fire
- Testing to see if turning Aero on or off made a difference with the Netflix performance issue
- Testing to see if there was a difference in the Netflix performance across browsers and with Windows Media Center
- Tweaking Dropbox and iDrive so certain backups wouldn't spike CPU usage at weird times (like for example, when trying to watch a fucking movie on Netflix).
- Some minor grinding in Oblivion, which is sort of my methadone to try to shake off the Fallout: New Vegas addiction.
And it worked! By the time I was done, the game was over and even the BBC was complaining about the National Anthem rendition and the half-time show.