Saturday, May 23, 2009


These children had a meeting with the President of the United States and were told to be there by 9:30 AM.


The staff waited for them until 10:30 AM. When they finally showed up, more than one hour late, they were of course turned away because President Obama HAS TO GO BACK TO THE BUSINESS OF RUNNING A COUNTRY, and can’t sit with his thumb up his ass waiting for people to show up for their meetings, late.


Lesson learned: be on time. You can’t possible tell these kids it is OK to show up one hour late for something that is so important, then whine when you lose your appointment. The real world does NOT work like that.


You schedule a meeting with me and you don’t call me to tell me that you are late, I won’t move anything in my schedule to make room for you, regardless of who the hell you are. If I find a hole later, fine. If not? Not my problem, I was at my desk on time.


This is something that I am glad that the US Army taught me. The whole idea of being late for anything, be it a work appointment, or even a routine checkup at the dentist, is foreign to me. I live 2 miles from my dentist, if I have an appointment and I know I am not going to walk into his office 10 minutes early, I call to let them know.


All it takes is a phone call, and maybe they can use that time to handle another patient while I am trying to make it to his office.

No comments:

Post a Comment