Tuesday, July 5, 2011

10 Reasons why Google will buy Research In Motion | CrackBerry.com

10 Reasons why Google will buy Research In Motion | CrackBerry.com

This is not the worst RIM-is-doomed-so-lets-fix-it article I have read this week. I love Blackberries, I still believe the Curve 8530 is superior to my current Samsung Intercept on every single thing except one: the screen.

The problem here is that buying RIM would give Google a whole basket of trouble, starting with the agreements that RIM has made with certain nation states to allow them to spy on their own people. Maybe Google decides to spin off the enterprise server element of the platform and leaves THAT company still running from Canada just to avoid this.

I would love to get another Blackberry as long as I don't get hit with the Blackberry Tax. Google's infrastructure is enormous and should be able to swallow support for BBM and provide email through the Gmail platform without any issues.